How to sync KeePassium using Nextcloud
- Install Nextcloud app and login into your account
- Open KeePassium
- If the app was just installed, tap Add Existing Database
- If you already have other databases, tap + and choose Open Database
- Select Nextcloud in the Locations list. (You might need to make it visible first)
- Select your database file
Unfortunately, Nextcloud sync is quite fragile.
- Sometimes Nextcloud does not download files changed on other computers until you open the Nextcloud app. This is a Nextcloud issue, known since 2017. Until Nextcloud fixes these issues, please make sure to sync by opening the Nextcloud app.
- If you edit your database elsewhere, then edit it in KeePassium (without opening the Nextcloud app first), the first change might be overwritten.
- Sometimes, Nextcloud app shows that the file is updated, but KeePassium keeps opening an old cached copy. In this case, the solution is to clear Nextcloud cache (Nextcloud app → More → Settings → Advanced → Clear cache).
A more reliable alternative is to sync via WebDAV instead of the native Nextcloud app.
- How to sync KeePassium using WebDAV
- Online storage providers supported by KeePassium
- Sync troubleshooting guide
Last Updated: 2020-05-19