Your privacy, in your hands.
KeePassium is a professional password manager, compatible with award-winning multi-platform KeePass app, and designed specifically for iOS devices.
KeePassium works with offline and online databases, including two-way synchronization with your cloud storage. Any provider that appears in the Files app is supported. However, some providers do not implement automatic on-the-fly sync yet. Check here whether automatic sync works with your cloud storage.
Other apps ask for your credentials and get full access to your online storage. In contrast, KeePassium uses modern system-secured integration and can access only the few files you selected. All network communication is done by the storage provider app.
Password Auto Fill
With Auto Fill, you can quickly insert your passwords in a couple of taps. (Available in iOS 12+)
Customizable password generator, custom entry fields, custom icons. Oh, and you can view and export attached files, too.
KeePassium works great with other KeePass apps, be it KeePass itself, KeePassXC, KeePassDroid, Keepass2android or other KeePass-compatible app. KeePassium supports all the current database formats:
kdb (KeePass 1.x),
kdbx3 (KeePass 2.34 and before) and
kdbx4 (KeePass 2.35+), and relies on time-proven implementations of AES, ChaCha20, Twofish, and Argon2 algorithms.
Everything is backed up: each entry keeps its history, deleted entries end up in Recycle Bin, and each database is copied before saving. (And you can disable any of these.)
Frequently answered questions
Which clouds are supported?
Theoretically, KeePassium should work with any storage that appears in the Files app (iOS 11+): all file operations are managed by the respective storage provider app. However, some file providers have implemented only limited support, without on-the-fly synchronization. Here is what we know so far:
- iCloud, Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, Box, Nextcloud
- Full support: files are automatically downloaded and uploaded when changed.
- ownCloud, Tresorit
- Untested: These providers show up in the Files app, but have not yet been tested with KeePassium.
- Limited support: cloud files have to be manually downloaded to your device, and changes are not automatically synched back.
Can I use SMB, FTP, WebDAV?
Network shares, FTP/SFTP and WebDAV are not natively supported by the iOS, but can be integrated using third-party apps. (SFTP File Provider worked in our test, but your mileage may vary.)
What are the alternatives?
Before choosing KeePassium, you should be aware of the alternative apps:
- Free, open source, but abandoned and outdated: no synchronization, no kdbx4 support, no user support.
- KeePass Touch
- Ad-supported MiniKeePass fork with more features (such as kdbx4 and sync), intermittent updates and some questionable ethics.
- Freemium, open source, actively maintained. Supports Password Safe and KeePass formats.
- PassDrop 2
- Free, but abandoned and outdated: no support for key files, no support for KeePass 2.x databases.
- KyPass 4
- Commercial, alive and kicking, with many nice features. Also known for unethically "borrowing" other developer's code, removing inconvenient questions, and abandoning its paying customers.
If you are looking for lowest price — these are your options. There is a direct link to each app, feel free to try them. When you need better quality, reliability and support — try KeePassium.
Why should I trust KeePassium?
You should not. Promises are just words. That said, common sense suggests that selling the app is a legal, more profitable and less risky business model than selling private data. We sell the app.