How to sync KeePassium with OneDrive
- Install OneDrive app and login into your account
- Open KeePassium, tap the top-right
+ button, then
- Select “OneDrive” in the Locations list (if you don’t see it in the list, make OneDrive visible)
- Select your database file
- That’s it!
OneDrive is not listed as a storage location
There are two possibilities:
- It might be hidden. Press the More
... button in the file selection dialog, then
Edit, and make sure that OneDrive is turned on.
- If OneDrive is still missing from the list above, the OneDrive app might be restricted by your company’s IT policies. As a workaround, you can connect your OneDrive account via third-party apps like FE FileExplorer Pro or FileBroswer (they won’t be affected by the restrictions set for the OneDrive app).
Cannot select file in OneDrive
- OneDrive folder shows “Content not available” (“Inhalt nicht verfügbar”)
- Reinstall OneDrive app, then re-add your databases to KeePassium.
- When you select a file, it seems to disappear
- When you try to add a database from OneDrive, the file seems to disappear when you tap it. No worries, the database is still there — but your corporate IT policy does not allow accessing it from other apps, such as KeePassium. You can use the workaround described above.
- When you select a file, nothing happens
- When you try to add a database from OneDrive, nothing happens when you select the file. The file selection dialog simply remains on the screen. This is also caused by the coporate restrictions on OneDrive app, as described above.
Note: The corporate restrictions apply to the whole OneDrive app. So, if you have both OneDrive for Business and personal OneDrive account, they both will be affected by the corporate limitations.
Error: “The requested operation couldn’t be completed because the feature is not supported.”
This error message might appear if your network connection is unstable or restricted by a firewall. Switching to another network should resolve the issue.
OneDrive sync stopped working after iOS update
iOS updates seem to affect offline caching in OneDrive. As a result, a perfectly working KeePassium starts freezing when trying to access a database in OneDrive.
To fix this, open device settings, scroll down and select OneDrive. Then, toggle the “Clear Account Settings” switch. This will clear the cache and reset your installation of OneDrive. You will need to again to OneDrive again, and re-add your database to KeePassium.
If you encounter any other issues with OneDrive, please let us know.
Last Updated: 2019-10-13